[TYPO3] Issue with menus

Akshay Mathur akshaymathur at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 17:11:34 CEST 2006

Hi Christian,

  Thanks for your response. I don't think I was able to explain the issue really well in my original email, let me try again.. here are some things to note:

  1. We are using template1 at the root page which is used across the site except pageX. The typoscript for the site resides inside the setup template for the root page. Template1 defines the top level menu items.
  2. PageX is a page inside the root and it uses a different template file and therefore has different code in the template setup template. It uses the same html template file as template1 but has different typoscript code.

  The issue is that since PageX is not at the root level and is starting at level 2 the top navigation menu does not show in the top navigation menu like it does for root page. What I'm looking for is a way to load the Level 0 menu items when the page is on level 2.

  Level 0 (root page is here)
           Level 1
                    Level 2 (PageX is here): we need level 0 menu items here

  Thanks
  Akshay

christian oettinger <christian.oettinger at gmx.de> wrote:
  Hi,

You don't have to use dfferent templates for your issue.
In your teplate on root-level you define two Menu objects. The first
only contains only level 0.
example (simplified):

page.4 = HMENU
page.4.entryLevel = 0
page.4.1 = GMENU
page.4.1.NO {
}

page 4 means the Menu object. Page.4.1 is the first level. I do not
define page.4.2 - so I will not get a second level here. Your done with
your first Menu. It will always show, no matter where you are.

Next you create the second menu object in the same template. This is for
the "remaining" levels.
example (simplified):

page.10 = HMENU
page.10.entryLevel = 1
page.10.1 = TMENU
page.10.1 {
}

page.10.2 = TMENU
page.10.2 {
}

page.10.3 = TMENU
page.10.3 {
}

here I defined 3 levels, so three levels will be shown at a maximum (see
"expAll"), starting at level1, (not level0, which means root).
this menu (in opposition to the first menu we created) will change,
depending where you are. It will always show the submenus belonging to
the button clicked in the first menu.

hope this is what you wanted to know!

greetings from munich
oe (christian)