[TYPO3] Issue with menus

Akshay Mathur akshaymathur at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 13:01:12 CEST 2006

Hi All,

  I'm creating a website where we have a horizontal top menu and a left menu. The top menu contains the first level pages and the left navigation and the horizontal submenus contains the second and third level emnu items.
  To explain it better suppose we have the following pages

  Root Page
     1.1 - Menu 1 Level 1
            1.1.1 - Menu1 Level 1.1
                      1.1.1.1 - Menu1 Level 1.1.1
            1.1.2 - Menu2 Level 1.1
                      1.1.2.1 - Menu1 Level 1.1.2
     1.2 - Menu 2 Level 1
            2.1.1 - Menu1 Level 2.1
            2.1.2 - Menu2 Level 2.1
     2.2 - Menu 3 Level 1
            3.1.1 - Menu1 Level 3.1
            3.1.2 - Menu2 Level 3.1

  The Top Nav displays
  1.1        1.2         1.3

  We we are using only 1 template file and that is defined at the root level.
  The issue I'm facing is that when I define a new template file at level 1.1 it does not go to the root to load the top level navigation bar and loads it as 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.
  I tried using .special and entrylevel as -1 but it does not work.
  Can someone please help me resolve this issue.

  Thanks
  Akshay