[TYPO3] Sub-Templates?

Ryan Off ryan at ryanoff.com
Fri Jul 21 16:06:55 CEST 2006

Amir,

I'm guessing you don't quite understand how to make sub-templates. Is
that right? I've only done it once, so no pro either and I thought
the documentation on it is not all that easy to follow. Here is my
understanding of the process. You need to create another "Extension
Template" for the top level page you want changed. This will
propagate down to the sub-pages. The extension template inherits all
of it's information from the main page template, so all you need to
do is to specify what to change. Using TemplaVoila I hope it is quite
easy to follow the rest. I did NOT use TemplaVoila before myself, but
would have if I knew how to use it then. You may want your new
template to simply include a new CSS file which defines the style
with a new image. This should overwrite the previous one. Let us know
how you solve this as I will be doing the same thing shortly on my
new site.

Ryan