[TYPO3] Sub-Templates?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:24:50 CEST 2006

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 03:14:41 -0400, Amir M. wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] Sub-Templates?":

> The problem with your suggestion, Erik, is that if I had to change
> something to the general CSS style, I would have to go through every CSS
> copy to make the changes.. which may be a hassle - no?  However, other
> then that concern, this does seem a bit more easy then the other
> alternatives.
>
> Bernd and Christopher, I am a little confused at your approaches.  Do I
> place that TS code in my current master template?  Do I have to do
> anything to my TemplaVoila settings, or the Data Structure or anything
> like that?  As Erik said, my banner is only defined in the CSS and the
> .html file.  I assume I would have to address it with TV, or no?

I haven't used TV yet. I'm one of these geek, who know every bit by heart
;-)

I use a HTML-Template as it is created by TV (as far as I know), but coded
it by hand. something like this:

  <head
    :
  </head>
   <!--###DOCUMENT### begin -->
   <!--###DOCUMENT### end -->

watch the Marker ###LOGO###. this is the part I reffered in the code of my
first post.
The code from that post is typoscript, you have to write in your template.
in your mastertemplate and (case 1) in extension-templates

If you have done it like this:
with
	.header { background-image:url(myimage.jpg); }
you have no chance to replace the image with typo, except you use different
CSS-files.

Bernd