[TYPO3] menu and submenu not getting along

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Jul 21 12:50:14 CEST 2006

Hi!

LarryB wrote:
> Anyway, this was during a run through TemplaVoila. Advice on how to fix
> it would be very, very welcome. I'm attaching, as a postscript, the
> template setup code, perhaps therein lies the problem?

I bet you did separate entries for menu and submenu in your DS/TO :)
Otherwise you would not make them separate lib objects.

So, what you expect? :) It is WYSIWYG: you mapped separate blocks and
got separate menus :) All perfectly correct.

What you need is to have only lib.mainMenu and do all menu's (including
submenus) there. See ACT item state for this. What you want is to render
submenus only when your main menu item is in ACT state.

> ## Menu [Begin]
> lib.subMenu = HMENU
> lib.subMenu.entryLevel = 1

> ## Menu [Begin]
> lib.mainMenu = HMENU
> lib.mainMenu.entryLevel = 0

> page.stylesheet = fileadmin/templates/style.css

This is bad. You should do it through TemplaVoila, not by TS.

Dmitry.