[TYPO3] TSConfig: Set special user options

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 26 22:17:23 CET 2006

> but if I understood correctly Arnd wanted that
> they are *default* behaviors. Default behavior is such
> that works *automatic*, when it is *ONCE* defined
> in certain place.

Fine, I agree and think it should be that way also. But we differ here
on where we think it should be defined as default. It would be annoying
if it was installation wide!  Imagine me, with several sites all on one
installation, and one of my custmoers is really really good with typo3,
so doesn't want them always on when he starts up, but another customer
from a diff site is totally feeling lost with typo3 and would apnic if
they werent on...

And if it was installation wide it would also effect teh admin user (me)
who doesnt always want them on!)

Its not that difficult to set an option in the user/group config, and
you only do it once per group anyway.

> yes, but they need extra work from the administrator.

minor amount though, and very in-frequently.

> Yes. I have made corresponding new settings for alt_doc.php, list module
> etc. Endeed I didn't always found a reasonable place for them.

so yes you mean an extension or a hack to the source then.