[TYPO3] Typo 3.81 (Typo3 4) and SOAP XML

Achim Eichhorn AchimEichhorn at eim2.de
Tue Jan 24 14:42:07 CET 2006

Hi Darko,

you send me a PM, regarding to your posting from 23.1.2006.
In addition to your newsgroup posting you were asking:

"...I'm not sure, but from the file specification I have for their web
service - they do not have WDSL.
And I need to get the data presented on my site. My question is: Is this
possible with eim2 NUSOAP and have it integrated with Typo3 3.81 (or 4)?
If it is, then further on, should I be worried about Typo3 4, I mean
will the current eim2 NUSOAP version be compatible with the new version
of Typo3 that is about to be officially released?"

I answer the question here, maybe other user's can benefit from it, too?

1. eim2nusoap uses a library developed by Dietrich Ayala
(http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/)
2. this library is working completely independent from typo3.
3. You can include it in your extensions, after you have installed it,
with t3lib_extMgm::extPath('eim2nusoap') .'nusoap/lib/nusoap.php')
4. I have used it with the amzon webservices, which provide a ".wsdl"
file, I never used it in another context, you have to try this yourself.

I would suggest you, to read the documentation to NUSOAP, and then start
to develop some scripts, which query your webservices (without typo3!).
If you are familiar <se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=familiar> with
<se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=with> this, you can start to develop your
typo3 extension. Have a look at "eim2amazonsearch"
(http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/eim2amazonsearch/), which
uses the nusoap library
to query amazon's webservices and display the results within typo3.

I hope, this helps,

greetings Achim.