[TYPO3] will typo3 4.0 work correct with mysql5.0

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jan 10 21:55:25 CET 2006

Andreas Förthner wrote:

>> It looks like MySQL versions from 5.0.13rc and upwards makes it
>> impossible to login as Admin users in backend. Same problem for 3.8.0,
>> 3.8.1 and 4.0beta1. Se http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2059.
>
> I also had the problem with the login.

I just did an upgrade from MySQL 4.0.24 to 5.0.18:

- Login worked just fine with both existing and new installations.
- Install Tool "DB compare" reported a lot of changes, but that were only
syntax changes - I already fixed the Install Tool in the meanwhile.

> It seems to be that the MySQL 5 uses different encription methods, but you
> can switch that back in the conf file. Just enable the flag: use old
> authentication method (or something like that, I don't no the exact
> expression). It works for me on a Linux Machine, but I didn't get it to
> work under Windows...

Hmm, could it be that the problem is not TYPO3 related after all? Did you
perform these steps already?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-fix-privilege-tables.html

- michael
--