[TYPO3] will typo3 4.0 work correct with mysql5.0

Andreas Förthner Andreas.Foerthner at netlogix.de
Tue Jan 10 21:14:05 CET 2006

Erik Svendsen schrieb:
> Hello Michael,
>
>> Hi Diederik,
>>
>>> I recently experienced an login-error: no cookies enabled. This
>>> scenario has come up a lot in the past months on the community list
>>> and despite hours of frustrated tweaks and checks the problem remains
>>> elusive. it seems that an update MySQL 5.0 at ISP side is the reason
>>> for this. From what I understand it is currenlty impossible to login
>>> as admin if one runs 3.6 + and mysql 5.0.
>>>
>>> Will a future update of T3 to 4.0 release fix this problem, because
>>> my ISP is not willing to downgrade mysql to 4.1. I cannot find any
>>> info on this
>>>
>> Please test the 4.0beta1 and submit a bug if it doesn't work.
>>
>> - michael
>>

> It looks like MySQL versions from 5.0.13rc and upwards makes it
> impossible to login as Admin users in backend. Same problem for 3.8.0,
> 3.8.1 and 4.0beta1. Se http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2059.
>

> WBR,
> Erik Svendsen
> www.linnearad.no

Hi,

I also had the problem with the login. It seems to be that the MySQL 5
uses different encription methods, but you can switch that back in the
conf file. Just enable the flag: use old authentication method (or
something like that, I don't no the exact expression). It works for me
on a Linux Machine, but I didn't get it to work under Windows...

Hope that helps..

Greets

Andreas