[TYPO3] Tools Modules not visible

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Mon Feb 20 14:39:02 CET 2006

Hi list,

I'd like to give to one of my restricted users permission to modules in
Tool section (In my case Full Backup and IS Statistic).
I include these modules into his access list but it does not get
displayed in user's backend interface. I suppose this is because I can
not select tools section to get shown.

This question has already been asked sometimes, I know. But the answers
(How to move an extension from Tools section to Web section for example)
always point to non existing aswers (typo3.org archive is down).
Also, usually the question was on self-developped extensions - don't
know if this changes anything for I haven't read them, but in my case
I'd prefer to leave the extensions as they are.

cold someone please drop some  words to this problem.

thanks a lot!

oe (christian)