[TYPO3] Layout and language labels for Indexed search

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:46:58 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/7/06, Tyler Kraft <headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> > Use the resources avialable to you in _every_ T3 install; it took me
> > 10 seconds to look this up in the TS object browser:
> >
> > plugin.tx_indexedsearch._LOCAL_LANG.default.searchFor = foobar
> >

> Perhaps - but thats only because you know where to look.  If I look in
> my object browser it doesnt show this at all *because* I've not defined

Nope.

In this case, the OP had 'plugin.' and '._LOCAL_LANG' already--he just
had a probelm with the extension key. As long as the extension was
installed, he could have gotten the first two parts
(plugin.tx_indexedsearch_pi1) for free--and that was all he needed to
get it right.

> So if its no defined, I can't look this up in the object browser and
> therefore I dont know where it is, or if it is, or how to define it.
> It raises the question - how does one discover and figure out what you
> can and can't defined via typoscript and the object browser unless its
> already defined?

Well, for language stuff, you've got to look in the extension's
locallang.php (or .xml) file. For the better documented extensions,
there're tables in the manuals...

>  Or am I missing an extension that shows all the
> possible thigns that can be altered via typoscript?

Might be nice...

-Christopher