[TYPO3] Hiding Variables with RealURL

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Feb 6 10:00:04 CET 2006

Hi!

Sven Wagenhöfer wrote:
> As far as I understand the manual, when I use fixedPostVars, the GET
> parameters are still in the speaking URL - and this I do not want ;-) I
> want to get completely rid of them, so they don't show at all.

There is a "valueDefault" property:
-----------------
Default value to set if the path segment did not match any entries in
“valueMap” or was otherwise captured for translation.

Notice: Default values are applied AFTER any “noMatch” settings are
processed (and others, see flow description for key “GETvar”)

You need to specify GETvar (define parameter there) and valueDefault but
do not set valueMap, noMatch and lookUpTable (they must not appear at
all!). This way realurl should just use valueDefault all the time on
that specific page.

Disclamer: I have not tried this myself, this is my understanding of the
process :)

Dmitry.