[TYPO3] Force Language and L-parameter

Stefan Steinbeck stefan_steinbeck at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 29 16:41:24 CET 2006

Ralf Hettinger wrote:
> I'm not quite sure but it might be fixed by the modified script.
>
> Could you check and let me know?
> If it doesn't work you could try to include the script with
> page.includeLibs.checkSetLangVar = path/to/the/script.php

Hi Ralf,

thank for your fast reply! The site with all its extensions do seem to
work now properly :)
I had to add two more lines to your script though. The url of base tag
was somehow no recomputed so I added: TSpagegen::pagegenInit();
Secondly I added already yesterday
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_page->sys_language_uid = 1;
But to be honest I don't even know why anymore, though it helped to cure
that problem. And I also don't not if this parameter is not set by one
of the other init functions. So my resulting code looks now:

if (t3lib_div::_GET('L')=='') {
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->linkVars.='&L=1';
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_page->sys_language_uid = 1 ;
  t3lib_div::_GETset('1','L');

  // @see index_ts.php
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->initTemplate();
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->getFromCache();
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->getConfigArray();
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->convPOSTCharset();
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->settingLanguage();
  $GLOBALS['TSFE']->settingLocale();
  TSpagegen::pagegenInit();
}

This is probably still like hunting for sparrows with rockets, but it do
seem to work.

Cheers and a happy new year,
Stefan