[TYPO3] Can TV be used with template auto-parser together?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Dec 13 15:42:06 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Bing Du wrote:
>> We already had a website that's created using the Template
>> Auto-Parser extension.  Now we installed TV and need to create a
>> subsite that's in the same page tree.
>
> This was never tested, so not directly supported but it may work ;)

Thanks for the response, Dmitry.  It helped clear  some of confusions.

>> This subsite inherits the page template from the root site.  So the
>> subsite has the look and feel (e.g. banner, navigation, etc.) of the
>> root site.  We just want to use TV and flexible content element to
>> set up the subsite's content area.
>
> So you need only flexible content, right?

Yes, I just need the content area to be flexible.  Do I have to use TV
to use flexible content?  We have another typo3 4.0.2 without TV
installed, I don't see 'flexible content' is an option for content
elements.  With the traditional template marker and selector, is there
any way to use flexible contents?

>> I created a content area html template and did mapping, etc.  I was
>> able to see the flexible form and fill in the contents.   But the
>> page's content area is blank on the frontend.
>
> The whole page is blank or only FCE?

Just the content area is blank.  The banner, footer and navigation menu
which were generated using the traditional template engine show up fine
in the page.

> Usually when you use tv, you must do two things:
> - add "css styled content" template (if it is missing you see blank screen)
> - change PAGE object to tv's USER object
>
>> In the subsite's page header, I see
>>
>> Select template:  (normal dropdown list and icons) Select content
>> area template: (normal dropdown list and icons) Page Template
>> Structure:  (dropdown list empty) Subpages - Page Template Structure:
>> (dropdown list empty) Content: Data Structure ERROR: No source value
>> in fieldname "tx_templavoila_ds"
>>
>> I've google'd that error and looks like it's a complain about page
>> template.    So the question I have is can TV be used just for the
>> content area?
>
> Not without using TV for pages at the moment because TV does not
> register FCE as content element but processes it directly inside its pi1
> class. I am not sure what is the reason behind this :(

Good to know.  Thanks much again for the information.

Bing