[TYPO3] Can TV be used with template auto-parser together?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 13 15:52:24 CET 2006

Hi!

Bing Du wrote:
> Yes, I just need the content area to be flexible.  Do I have to use TV
> to use flexible content?  We have another typo3 4.0.2 without TV
> installed, I don't see 'flexible content' is an option for content
> elements.  With the traditional template marker and selector, is there
> any way to use flexible contents?

No, it is tv feature. You need tv for this!

> Just the content area is blank.  The banner, footer and navigation menu
> which were generated using the traditional template engine show up fine
> in the page.

This happens because tv does register itself to handle FCEs but handles
them inside its internal loop. May be this should be fixed but I have no
idea why it was not done initially. May be the reason is to push people
a bit more to use tv? ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/