[TYPO3] Can TV be used with template auto-parser together?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 13 09:45:44 CET 2006

Hi!

Bing Du wrote:
> We already had a website that's created using the Template
> Auto-Parser extension.  Now we installed TV and need to create a
> subsite that's in the same page tree.

This was never tested, so not directly supported but it may work ;)

> This subsite inherits the page template from the root site.  So the
> subsite has the look and feel (e.g. banner, navigation, etc.) of the
> root site.  We just want to use TV and flexible content element to
> set up the subsite's content area.

So you need only flexible content, right?

> I created a content area html template and did mapping, etc.  I was
> able to see the flexible form and fill in the contents.   But the
> page's content area is blank on the frontend.

The whole page is blank or only FCE?

Usually when you use tv, you must do two things:
- add "css styled content" template (if it is missing you see blank screen)
- change PAGE object to tv's USER object

> In the subsite's page header, I see
>
> Select template:  (normal dropdown list and icons) Select content
> area template: (normal dropdown list and icons) Page Template
> Structure:  (dropdown list empty) Subpages - Page Template Structure:
> (dropdown list empty) Content: Data Structure ERROR: No source value
> in fieldname "tx_templavoila_ds"
>
> I've google'd that error and looks like it's a complain about page
> template.    So the question I have is can TV be used just for the
> content area?

Not without using TV for pages at the moment because TV does not
register FCE as content element but processes it directly inside its pi1
class. I am not sure what is the reason behind this :(

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs