[TYPO3] IE7 conditional comments in Templavoila'

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 18:08:19 CET 2006

HI,

On 12/10/06, Emile <108media at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I had a look at the archive thanks.
>
> My opinion?
>
> WE DEFINITELY WOULD LIKE THE CONDITIONAL COMMENTS TO BE PRESERVED IN  TV.
>
> What do you mean that we should go "standard" in creating layouts for typo3?
>
> One of the first reasons made me learn this beast of a program was the
> fact I could make very appealing and creative layouts, which are
> almost impossible to create under a plain "standard" way of coding
> HTML layouts and pilot them with a powerful cms.
>
> And this is not your or our fault, but the stupidity of  people who
> does thing their rules are better than others without asking the users
> first (i.e. Microsoft and the like).
>
> So consider to shift priorities here, as IE7 is going to hunt us all
> very very soon.

I'm not sure what you read in the archive, but it's explained there
several times that it's quite simple to use conditional comments in
TYPO3, but that you simply can't select them from the template in the
TV GUI (this is supposed to be a problem related to TYPO3's HTML
parser, not TV itself). For best results--the order of css
declarations is important--you should probably handle all css
declarations with Typoscript--there are several css-related properties
of the PAGE object [1]:

## Include usual stylesheets:
page.includeCSS {
  fonts = fileadmin/fontStyles.css
  print = fileadmin/printStyles.css
  print.media = print
}

## Add conditional comments:
page.headerData {
    50 = HTML
    50.value (
<!--[if lte IE 6]><style type="text/css">@import
url(fileadmin/ie6Win.css);</style><![endif]-->
)
}

--CT

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/7/5/