[TYPO3] Domain name and rewrite rules

Tracey Hummel tracey at uainfo.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 23 21:50:41 CEST 2006

I need help.   I created a domain name record for 'security.arizona.edu'
within typo3.

I have a http.conf file that points security.arizona.edu to the typo3
subdirectory on my server:

  <VirtualHost 128.196.132.97:80
          ServerName security.arizona.edu
          ServerAlias  www.security.arizona.edu
          DocumentRoot /users3/ccit/public_html
  </VirtualHost>

  This works but I'm getting tons of page not found messages because it
  redirects any request for 'security.arizona.edu' or
'security.arizona.edu/index.html' to page not found.

  I tried adding a rewite rule of:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/|/index\.
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://web.arizona.edu/~ccit/index.php?id=1506

  This changes the url to 'http://web.arizona.edu/~ccit'.  We were
  hoping the url would remain "security.arizona.edu'.  It also redirects
  all files to the homepage instead of just index.html and "/".

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/|/index\.
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://security.arizona.edu/index.php?id=1506

  This displays the url as security.arizona.edu but I get the error
  "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded"

  Please help.

Thanks,
Tracey