[TYPO3] TemplaVoila and TypoScript

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 22:20:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 8/22/06, André Hänsel <andre at webkr.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I put together a DS using the TemplaVoila module and afterwards change
> some TypoScript inside the XML (e.g. customize the graphical header) the
> changes are lost when I use the editor again (Modify DS/TO).
>
> Is this by design? Is there an extension to correct it?
>
> I mean... it should be quite easy to carry along the TypoScript and put it
> back into the XML again. Or one could even introduce a TypoScript-Feld in
> the TemplaVoila module to edit the TypoScript.
>
> Isn't editing the TypoScript regular work?
> Or is there perhaps another way... overwriting TypoScript via a normal
> template entry?

You should probably read (or revisit) the FTB tutorial. This stuff is
all covered there. You want to use the "Typoscript Object Path" field
to point to a typoscript object defined elsewhere such as
'lib.foo.bar'

I suspect the (reasonable) thinking behind this is that after the
initial development stage, the DS rarely changes but TS often does...

-Christopher