[TYPO3] TemplaVoila and TypoScript

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Tue Aug 22 23:07:33 CEST 2006

Christopher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 8/22/06, André Hänsel <andre at webkr.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I put together a DS using the TemplaVoila module and afterwards
>> change some TypoScript inside the XML (e.g. customize the graphical
>> header) the changes are lost when I use the editor again (Modify
>> DS/TO). Is this by design? Is there an extension to correct it?
>>
>> I mean... it should be quite easy to carry along the TypoScript and
>> put it back into the XML again. Or one could even introduce a
>> TypoScript-Feld in the TemplaVoila module to edit the TypoScript.
>>
>> Isn't editing the TypoScript regular work?
>> Or is there perhaps another way... overwriting TypoScript via a
>> normal template entry?
>

> You should probably read (or revisit) the FTB tutorial. This stuff is
> all covered there. You want to use the "Typoscript Object Path" field
> to point to a typoscript object defined elsewhere such as
> 'lib.foo.bar'

This was my first idea. I assumed that "Typoscript object path" and "Content
Elements" were the only Editing Types with a real function and that all
other Editing Types were just implemented as preset TypoScript, but when I
look at the XML code, I find this being not true.

> I suspect the (reasonable) thinking behind this is that after the
> initial development stage, the DS rarely changes but TS often does...

So wouldn't it be nice to have a possibility to edit the TypoScript of the
"other" Editing Types not only inside the XML?