[TYPO3] Template not in module list for creating backend group?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 21:25:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 8/21/06, Bing Du <bdu at iastate.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Typo3 3.8.1.
>
> We run multiple sites on one web/database server instance.  All the
> sites are controlled by a master template.  Then each site has its own
> webmaster and runs its own extension template.  Right now, Web->Template
> is only visible to admins.   It would be nice that each site  master can
> manipulate their own extension template to meet their needs.
>
> I tried to create a backend group, say 'Template Admin'.  But in the
> Modules box, 'Template' is not even an option in the list that I can
> choose from.  How should a backend group be allowed to access Web->Template?

You can only do it by making them administrators. The rationale is
that if you give a user access to TS templates, s/he then has access
to the db and php and can pretty well do anything within the system.

If I remember right, there have been discussions about making e.g. the
constants editor accessible to non-admin users...

-Christopher