[TYPO3] Template not in module list for creating backend group?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Aug 21 21:18:35 CEST 2006

Hello,

Typo3 3.8.1.

We run multiple sites on one web/database server instance.  All the
sites are controlled by a master template.  Then each site has its own
webmaster and runs its own extension template.  Right now, Web->Template
is only visible to admins.   It would be nice that each site  master can
manipulate their own extension template to meet their needs.

I tried to create a backend group, say 'Template Admin'.  But in the
Modules box, 'Template' is not even an option in the list that I can
choose from.  How should a backend group be allowed to access Web->Template?

Thanks in advance,

Bing