[TYPO3] Template not in module list for creating backend group?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Aug 21 23:28:56 CEST 2006

Christopher wrote:

> You can only do it by making them administrators. The rationale is
> that if you give a user access to TS templates, s/he then has access
> to the db and php and can pretty well do anything within the system.

Making them administrators would not be an option for us.  Every time
the site webmaster has to bug typo3 administrators to make look/feel
changes in their extension template won't make anybody happy.  Hmm...
Is it really either admin or no template access thing?
I'd appreciate if anybody would like to share their experience on
managing TS templates for multiple sites.

> If I remember right, there have been discussions about making e.g. the
> constants editor accessible to non-admin users...

Yes, we've made constants editor accessible to non-admin users.

Bing