[TYPO3] Adding functionality AND DB tables to existing extension

Esben Maaløe acebone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:16:22 CEST 2006

Hi list !

I am working on an existing custom-extension, and I have added some extra
functionality to it.

Now I need to add an extra-table to facilitate some of this new
functionality.

Right now my idea is to use the kickstarter to create a new 'fake' extension
with the table definitions that I need. That way I can be sure that I am
using the right syntax for the various files. After that I'd need to
copy/paste the generated table definition into ext_tables.php and
ext_tables.sql.

My questions:

   1. Is there a better way to do it ?
   I think I saw an option once in the ext. manager to edit existing
   extensions through the ext. manager - but now I can't find it
   2. Is there any tutorial about 'extending and extension' or similar

Regards
Esben Maaløe