[TYPO3] Can Typo3 work with flash?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Aug 12 00:29:39 CEST 2006

> I have a flash movie that rotates images, like a slideshow.  I want
> my client to be able to go into the backend and change the images, or
> add new ones to the list.
>
> Would I use an "images only" content object for that?   It doesn't
> look the form fields for that will let you control the order of the
> images.

Of course you can control the order, since you can sort the entries in the
multiple selectbox and they will be saved as a comma separated list.

> I would need to:
> 1. Be able to read the list of images and get urls for them.
> 2. Do something like php's urlencode on the urls, so that I can put
> them into the html tag that loads the flash file.  So that flash can
> get them.
>
> Anyone suggest an approach to this?  I'm still new to typo3...

You can use a simple piece of TypoScript for this and "wrap" the rest of the
HTML code around it.

Example:

temp.myFlashSlideShow = COA
temp.myFlashSlideShow {
    wrap = <here goes your flash code except parameters>|</end of the code>
    10 = TEXT
    10 {
        field = image
        split {
            token = ,
            cObjNum = 1
            1 = TEXT
            1 {
                current = 1
                dataWrap = <param name="image{register:SPLIT_COUNT}"
value="/yourImagePath/|" />
            }
        }
    }
}

The register:SPLIT_COUNT contains the position number for the current image
while splitting the list into pieces.
The pipe symbol is the placeholder for the filename.
BTW: This is just one of the possible approaches.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de