[TYPO3] forms in T3

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Aug 8 09:01:58 CEST 2006

Bjørn Dissing schrieb:
> I have been doing some searching, and for what i have found out handling
> of web-forms in T3 is apparently not a very well supported feature.
> It just strikes me as amazing that a mature, full scale ECMS like T3
> dosen't have functionality to handle simple webforms and store them in a
> database.

TYPO3 can handle simple webforms, but how is it supposed to know where
to store what? You have to implement the business logic somewhere yourself.

> By this i mean fx. if a user enters data, and the information e.g. needs
> to be spread out into several tables.
> Or even if it should just be stored in a single table...It seems that
> the only way to go is to create a plugin and write the logic manually.

There's the mailformplus extension which comes close to that, otherwise
you simply need to write your own plugin. Actually, that's what most FE
plugins do anyway: collect data with forms and save it into a table.

> I hope someone can convince me otherwise since i would consider this a
> grand flaw of typo3, since webforms are on of the most common things on
> www.

Again: Forms are no problem, but simple CRUD for the FE is still missing
in TYPO3, or only available in extensions.

> If I then were to actually write a plugin that could handle my forms i
> would like to use some libraries, adodb, html_quickforms and smarty. Can
> these be used in a extension for T3?

Yes.

Cheers,
Michael