[TYPO3] login form problems

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 15:19:40 CEST 2006

James

> So I think I have a misconfiguration somewhere else in typo3 rather than
> in the extensions themselves.

FE Login functions are pretty basic to TYPO3 but if you are new to TYPO3 it
can confuse a little.

Remember that FE users are very different to BE users.

My advice is to start with the default TYPO3 login feature but access it in
a pre installed way using Quickstart. Download the package and install to
your server in a sub folder for testing.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=20391&package_id=15221

You can then or instead follow the documentation to the letter and see the
impact.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/current/view/1/5/

Problems you might have include creating FE users and getting the sys folder
sorted as well as permissions and page access rights. All these things have
a few traps and get one wrong it won't work.

Post back if you need more help.

Matthew