[TYPO3] realurl: exclude root page fromgenerated path

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:23:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

<snip>

> >> Why do you need "base"?
> >
> > because it contains the basic templates for all sites and some pages
> > which are mounted from the different sites.
> The page is also needed for a general PageTS configuration and
> "domain-based" search sections in extended search.

This answer doesn't directly deal with the RealURL issue, so feel free
to ignore it ;-)

The method you've used (which requires you to have a root page in the
page tree which is not the root of any website), is not the only way
of sharing setup / content information between sites. Depending on how
huge / old your site is, you could probably solve the Realurl problem
by adjusting your page structure.

On a multidomain site, I usually use several sysfolders in this arrangement:

+-- TS Library
     +-- Site A
     +-- Site B
     +-- Site C

-- The TS library folder contains all common TS info (e.g. the CONFIG
object settings, maybe some generic plugin settings etc).
-- Each of Site A, Site B, and Site C folders contains TS info
specific to that domain.

On the same site I would have this arrangement of top level pages:

+-- Site A
     +-- TS Template A
+-- Site B
     +-- TS Template B
+-- Site C
     +-- TS Template C

-- Each of the Site A, Site B and Site C pages is at treelevel 0
-- Each of TS Template A, TS Template B, and TS Template C contains
only a very minimal amount of TS in the setup field--for example, they
might simply have the basic TV rendering code:

page = PAGE
page {
	typeNum = 0

	5 = USER
	5 {
		userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page
	}
}

...and usually, any specific-to-the-current-site TS for extensions,
content-rendering etc. So, in other words, there is very little TS
actually in the setup field for any given site, but each of these
rootlevel templates makes extensive use of the 'Include basis
template' field to include TS from the TS Library, Site A, Site B and
Site C sysfolders.

-Christopher