[TYPO3] Paypal not returning values to Webformat shop

shielsn webmaster at shieldwebdesign.com
Tue Apr 4 01:33:11 CEST 2006

Hi Mauro,

When PayPal returns it goes back to the basket page.  The products are still
listed there.

See the following screenshots for more explanation:

1.  A visitor orders a product and adds it to their basket.  In this case,
it's just $1.00 worth of gift wrapping.
http://www.shieldwebdesign.com/screenshot1.htm

2.  Then they proceed to fill in there personal information and choose a
payment method:
http://www.shieldwebdesign.com/screenshot2.htm
http://www.shieldwebdesign.com/screenshot3.htm
http://www.shieldwebdesign.com/screenshot4.htm

3.  Once the visitor pays using PayPal, they are asked to return to the
merchant site
http://www.shieldwebdesign.com/screenshot5.htm

4.  When they return to the site, they are back at the basket page.  No
order has been created in the back end, and no email notification from the
web site has been sent to either the buyer or the merchant.  (The buyer and
seller do, however, receive notification from PayPal.)
http://www.shieldwebdesign.com/screenshot6.htm

The merchant receives a notification that someone purchased something but
there is no record of the order, which causes much confusion.

When a visitor uses either of the other two payment methods, (direct deposit
or cheque) everything works fine.  They are then presented with an Order
Completed.  See screenshot below for an example.
http://www.shieldwebdesign.com/screenshot7.htm

Why is no order created in the TYPO3 backend?
Which preferences should be set inside of PayPal in order for this to work?
Which input fields in the HTML template are being used and which ones need
to stay the same.

We have followed through the logic in the scripts and find that PayPal
should be sending something back.  But what?  And what happens at the basket
at the point of return to make it record the new order in the table?

I hope this makes more sense.  Thanks again for your help.

shielsn

news:mailman.20723.1144048629.3122.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...