[Typo3] google searchable newsgroups

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Thu Sep 29 09:08:56 CEST 2005

> This is called paranoia... I lived in USSR, then Russia many years and
> never had any problems with authorities. Despite what TV says, I was
> always able to tell what I think and to critisize without any
> consequences. Noone controlled me, noone told me what to say. My parents
> never were big bosses, they were ordinary engineers on a typical state
> factory, neither they, no I had any privileges.

I think that's the reason why, what gave them shelter. They behaved
ordinary. That is what I am talking about. The overall controll makes
people to behave more and more ordinary and give up personal freedom.

People of USSR seem quickly to forget. 10 of 100 people have been
deported to the gulag under smallest pretences during the period between
1920 and 1960. They lived and died under conditions of animals and
slaves. Hope you haven't already forgottem all of them? If that happend
rather to the generation of your grandparents and not to yourself you
belong to the  lucky people and a lucky time. But forgetting is no
garanty that this is over for ever.

> May be in Germany it was different? No idea.

Depends on east and west ...

> After Russia I leved in Finland and now in Latvia, both are members of
> the EU. I do not feel any difference with USSR or Russia. Finland is
> often refered as "police state" (for example, police can get your data
> from a phone number with a simple call to cellular operator). In Latvia
> people now must be "loyal to the government" (newly approved law) to get
> citizenship and there are half a million of those who are not citizens
> at all (most of them are russian, many think it is ethnic
> discrimination). FBI in the USA can now listen to phone talks if FBI
> *thinks* people are terrorists. All countries are the same, only country
> names are different.

You precisely observe. This development to more and more controll is a
world wide one. For me that is no argument that would make it better ...

> As to Putin and Bush - they all try to do what they think is best for
> there own country. May be they are mistaken, may be not. Who knows for
> sure...

I have a feeling that both have a very personal interest in oil. They
tell they do the best for their country. They do the best for the profit
of their sponsors at least. Both have no scruples to lead people into
war. Other people pay the bill with money, with health, with life.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain, Portugal,
Austria, Swiss, France, ...