[Typo3] google searchable newsgroups

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Sep 29 07:34:37 CEST 2005

Hi!

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> That can quickly go beyond all visions of a police state we had 20 years
> ago. Not only beeing able to be fully controlled by the state but by
> anybody who likes to. Your boss, your wive, your president.
>
> You never feel free. You already have to controll what you write today.
> You never know if such a semi-democratic president like Bush or Putin
> will rule your land in a few years and what that regime will make out of
> your collected postings at google.

This is called paranoia... I lived in USSR, then Russia many years and
never had any problems with authorities. Despite what TV says, I was
always able to tell what I think and to critisize without any
consequences. Noone controlled me, noone told me what to say. My parents
never were big bosses, they were ordinary engineers on a typical state
factory, neither they, no I had any privileges.

May be in Germany it was different? No idea.

After Russia I leved in Finland and now in Latvia, both are members of
the EU. I do not feel any difference with USSR or Russia. Finland is
often refered as "police state" (for example, police can get your data
from a phone number with a simple call to cellular operator). In Latvia
people now must be "loyal to the government" (newly approved law) to get
citizenship and there are half a million of those who are not citizens
at all (most of them are russian, many think it is ethnic
discrimination). FBI in the USA can now listen to phone talks if FBI
*thinks* people are terrorists. All countries are the same, only country
names are different.

As to Putin and Bush - they all try to do what they think is best for
there own country. May be they are mistaken, may be not. Who knows for
sure...

> (Would I risk to write this if I
> would be a citizen of China i.e.?)

Since you are not from China, leave it to people from China.

Dmitry.