[Typo3] google searchable newsgroups

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Thu Sep 29 10:34:10 CEST 2005

Hi!

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> I think that's the reason why, what gave them shelter. They behaved
> ordinary. That is what I am talking about. The overall controll makes
> people to behave more and more ordinary and give up personal freedom.

Well, I always was afraid of people who try to jump under the track or
fight an elephant with an umbrella :) When I lived in the USSR, there
were no terrorists, no poor people, no narcomany, chidren went to
schools instead of smoking in cellars or washing cars on the streets.
This all changed. Since I used to live at Soviet time, I can compare. I
do not see that current time is better in any way. Words like
"democracy" are just words. When I see people who have nothing to eat,
"democracy" means nothing to me. There were no such "democracy" in the
USSR: everyone had what to eat. It was guarantied to everyone.

Now I know many people who cannot even call ambulance because they have
no money to pay. In the USSR noone had to pay, everyone could get
medical service. Btw, service quality did not change at all, just people
cannot afford it anymore.

May be life is better in Eastern Germany, whould be nice to hear what
old people say there.

> People of USSR seem quickly to forget. 10 of 100 people have been
> deported to the gulag under smallest pretences during the period between
> 1920 and 1960.

This is a known lie to which many people unfortunately believe. There
are hundreds documents about deportation that are very hard to fake.
Even if you simple take a number of people who lived in USSR at that
time and take 10% of them, you will hardly find a such gulag where they
can fit. I am not even speaking about infrastructure to transfer them,
feed them, etc.

I used to study this question for a couple of years, there is alot of
lies. I was thinking exactly like you before I started to learn about
all these falsifications. One of them was superior: one zero was added
to the number, moving from 100000 to one million. Kind of a "typing
mistake" from one our historian. :)

Facts are:
- 3 777 380 were punished (this is a total number since 1924 till 1954
giving around 125 912 a year)
- 2 369 220 were in prisons
- 765 180 were in a special places

In 1939 in USSR lived ~162 million which gives ~0,07 of 100 punished
instead of yours 10 of 100. This is approximatelt 128 times less...

> They lived and died under conditions of animals and
> slaves.

This is a lie too. My mother's family was deported, so I know how it was
to live there. They lived and worked in Syberia, had their own big house
there, noone forbid them to build one (state even helped with
construction). All 8 daughters graduated from different Moscow
universities, one son became a military officer (he flied experimental
planes until one crashed).

> Hope you haven't already forgottem all of them?

I am not. These were difficult times. There were a lot of mistakes
but... I can tell a lot what happened as a result and how Khruschev
spoiled it all leading the country and people to destruction but this is
not a subject of this list.

> If that happend
> rather to the generation of your grandparents and not to yourself you
> belong to the  lucky people and a lucky time. But forgetting is no
> garanty that this is over for ever.

I must note that many people forget that all (!) Japanse people in USA
were deported in 1940th. There was 120 000 of them. They were deported
without any belongings. Noone for unknown reason blames USA for that.
But in percentage there were much more deported in USA than in Russia.
History serves to the one who is now stronger...

> I have a feeling that both have a very personal interest in oil. They
> tell they do the best for their country. They do the best for the profit
> of their sponsors at least. Both have no scruples to lead people into
> war. Other people pay the bill with money, with health, with life.

I do not see how Putin leads people to the war. For Bush I see Iraq, for
Klinton - Yugoslavia. But I do not see a war made by Putin. Show me one,
please.

As to the oil, well, there is a lot of oil in Russia. And I think it
will be stupid if Putin did not use his chance to sell it in time.

Btw, I believe we should stop soon because we are spoiling the list. We
have different opinions about history and this is normal. But this
should not influence typo3 at all :)

Dmitry.