[Typo3] tt_news change crop to link

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Mon Sep 26 01:33:59 CEST 2005

Hello everyone,
I would like to make the crop indicator (...) in tt_news a link
rather than blindly applying the [more] link to every news item. If
found some code that add the more link to the end of the text, but,
that isn't quite what I want to do. I want to actually make the ... a
link. Ideally I would to have the text " ... continued" be a link to
the single item view of the news item. The key different between what
I want to do and what the code below does is that I only want the
link when the text has been cropped.

Here is the code I found:

plutin.tt_news {
     subheader_stdWrap {
         append = TEXT
         append.data = register:newsMoreLink
         append.wrap = <span class="news-latest-morelink"> | </span>
         crop = 600 | ... | 1
         ifEmpty.field = bodytext
     }
}

Perhaps there is a simple typo3 script solution that I haven't
learned yet?

Thanks,
Eric