[Typo3] why only the lowest level pages show up?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Sep 24 22:59:42 CEST 2005

Bing Du wrote:
> All the pages have contents.  What we want is any page being clicked
> should be opened in the content area and at the same time the menu
> should be expended if the page has subpages.  Also clicking the same
> page again should get the menu collapsed.

I can't really find any reason why a menu should collapse again if I
click on the same page again. And I also don't know how this could be
achieved with T3.

Using expand all all menu entries will be expanded all the time. And
as you want to do:
2 < .1
also ALL second level menu entries will be expanded. and note that the
above wont work. Use:
2 < temp.nav.1

Why don't just have a simple expanding menu. You click on a menu entry
and it's sublevel entries get shown. You click again on this menu entry
and nothing changes cause you clicked on the same link (it would also be
quite confusing for google to have a page with the same URL in 2
different versions: opened and closed)

In Typo3 a menu is expanded if it's ID is in the actual rootline (an
array containing the path (all uids) from the rootpage to the actual page)

Also a collapsing menu would be a problem regarding accesability.

greets,
Bernhard