[Typo3] Multilanguage portal ???

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Mon Oct 31 10:03:09 CET 2005

Hi.

I received a task to add the second language to an existing Typo3 portal.
As I'm new to Typo3, I went trough quick-start guide and some others. Now
I know the basics.

Currently I'm brainstorming on how to add the second language to an
existing portal. The current portal is of course organized as an hiearchy
tree in typo3.
I guess, I have to create a second similar tree (e.g. original: my_tree,
english: my_tree-en) and populate it with english content. This should not
be a problem - the problem is how to link both languages tree as each page
entry will have its own ID and I didn't find any relation between ID-s
(they are assigned as pages are inserted). Any idea? Is there any plugin
for such things? Maybe a HOWTO?

Thanks and best regards,
Dezo