[Typo3] extension install weirdness

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Sun Oct 23 11:38:08 CEST 2005

	OK, I found a work around for my problem with installations installing.
	The work around is that extensions do not install if I use
the extension manager (it returns no error, but simply does not list
the extension as installed no matter what I do), but if I attempt to
install the extension via the extension manager, and then use the
install tool to add the name of the extension to the list of
installed extension, they then work.
	Any suggestions as to what is causing this behaviour?
	(as mentioned before, Debian stable, typo3 3.8 upgraded from 3.6
	Regards
		David Cake