[Typo3] Zap the Gremlins - report them!!!!

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitriid at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:30:52 CEST 2005

On 10/20/05, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
> Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:
>
> >Staffan, exactly.
> >Many gremlins are exactly that - usability issues for the most part.
> >Should they be bugs? I doubt it.
> >
> >And coming to TER... Well, honestly, it's horrible. Actually, just a
> >couple of days ago I decided to reinstall indexed_search from TER. And
> >it wasn't there! There was no way to get hold of an earlier version of
> >it as well. When a version of an extension breaks something, there is
> >simply no way to revert to an earlier version - it disappears! So,
> >consider that a gremlin. And a huge one as well.
> >

> There was a discussion about system extentions (like indexed search),
> you may have missed it they are removed from
> TER, they had good reasons for it..trust me. System extention are part
> of a specific typo3 version, so you can
> only use index_search that comes with you typo3 version and that one
> should be stable.
>
> Ries

I did miss it.

Anyway, suppose, I removed indexed_search or altered it beyond repair.
How can I get it back? Downloading a whole new Typo3 installation is
not an option.

Besides, imagine someone uploads a new version of a non-system
extension (say, macina_banners) that is incompatible with a previous
version. Or is otherwise unstable. We are left at the mercy of the
developer to provide a stable version since there is no way to access
previous versions of the extension.