[Typo3] Zap the Gremlins - report them!!!!

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Oct 20 17:05:34 CEST 2005

Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:

>Staffan, exactly.
>Many gremlins are exactly that - usability issues for the most part.
>Should they be bugs? I doubt it.
>
>And coming to TER... Well, honestly, it's horrible. Actually, just a
>couple of days ago I decided to reinstall indexed_search from TER. And
>it wasn't there! There was no way to get hold of an earlier version of
>it as well. When a version of an extension breaks something, there is
>simply no way to revert to an earlier version - it disappears! So,
>consider that a gremlin. And a huge one as well.

There was a discussion about system extentions (like indexed search),
you may have missed it they are removed from
TER, they had good reasons for it..trust me. System extention are part
of a specific typo3 version, so you can
only use index_search that comes with you typo3 version and that one
should be stable.

Ries