[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Oct 17 13:04:09 CEST 2005

Hi!

Sander Vogels wrote:
> 2. It's imho of no use comparing a mid-end CMS TYPO3 with low-end cmses
> like Mambo (Joombla!). It's just not the same thing and not for the same
> purpose. You don't take your Ferrari to a drag race and stay away from
> Formula One circuits with your Suziki Alto.

Well, some people do not need a space ship, they just need a bycicle. Do
not forget that. For example, I do most of my project with Typo3 but
prefer to keep personal blog with WordPress (out-of-the-box simple and
efficient solution for this task). I believe this is normal: choose tool
that suits your needs best.

Typo3 *can* be compared to Mambo (I had to deal with Mambo for a while)
but I would say that Mambo wins only in one area: template availability.
I did not find Mambo easy to learn too. Quite messy thing from my point
of view. Typo3 is harder but more logical.

Dmitry.