[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Sander Vogels sander at netcreators.nl
Mon Oct 17 12:46:05 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Darn, it seems lately that I cannot start a thread somewhere or it winds
up into a flamewar as soon as I turn my back! Here's some short response;

1. TYPO3 is doing very well in Europe and gaining momentum in Asia, the
US and South America. Among clients are Gov institutions, Universities
and large companies. What also helps is the big US corporations starting
to use TYPO3 in the EU (like General Electric) and bring this culture to
the US. Open-Source as a whole seems to break thru in the US in 2005 and
that's why we are thriving a bigger marketing efford there at the moment.
2. It's imho of no use comparing a mid-end CMS TYPO3 with low-end cmses
like Mambo (Joombla!). It's just not the same thing and not for the same
purpose. You don't take your Ferrari to a drag race and stay away from
Formula One circuits with your Suziki Alto.
3. If you find some issues hindering the spreading of TYPO3, please give
your input to developers or the marketing team in a possitive way. Think
the US needs a forum? Go email Michelle Heizer as volunteer and offer
you want to set-up and moderate a forum.
Might you just don't like TYPO3 go use something else and don't waste
your energy on it.
4. The whole religion thing is taken much to far out of context here
imho. Can we just stop this? If you take the faire-use policy or rules
of usage of ANY hosting company there are lots of things stated that you
cannot do with your hosting space. Kasper is only modesty asking
something which you are free to ignore or respect. Big deal...

Anyhow thanks to you all for again a vivid marketing discussion!

Regards,

Sander Vogels
TYPO3 Marketing Team