[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Sander Vogels sander at netcreators.nl
Mon Oct 17 18:49:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

>>2. It's imho of no use comparing a mid-end CMS TYPO3 with low-end cmses
>>like Mambo (Joombla!). It's just not the same thing and not for the same
>>purpose. You don't take your Ferrari to a drag race and stay away from
>>Formula One circuits with your Suziki Alto.
>

> Well, some people do not need a space ship, they just need a bycicle. Do
> not forget that. For example, I do most of my project with Typo3 but
> prefer to keep personal blog with WordPress (out-of-the-box simple and
> efficient solution for this task). I believe this is normal: choose tool
> that suits your needs best.

That is exactly what I say. Thank you for agreeing just for once, as I
understand this is almost an anomaly and I should deserve a medal for
it! ;-)

> Typo3 *can* be compared to Mambo (I had to deal with Mambo for a while)
> but I would say that Mambo wins only in one area: template availability.
> I did not find Mambo easy to learn too. Quite messy thing from my point
> of view. Typo3 is harder but more logical.

Right, ofcourse you put every darn cms in a matrix and start comparing.
I only think it's of no use, more logical is to compare low-end, mid-end
and high-end CMSes, like you compare Ferrari's with Masserati's and Cobra's.

Sander