[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 04:15:22 CEST 2005

On 15/10/05, Dimitri Tarassenko <mitka at mitka.us> wrote:

> I agree, however, I assumed that if you went as far as asking Kasper
> for permission that at the time Typo3 was your best choice and this
> was the last question you wanted resolved. You also sounded like this
> issue was the main factor in your decision not to use Typo3 (or so was
> my understanding).

Well stop assuming things when you have NO information. I provided
absolutely no details for you to make ANY kinds of generalizations,
and definitely not enough information for you to use my illustration
of the fact that you can act as you _choose_ with respect to Kasper's
wishes as grist for your 'belief-and-software-don't-mix' mill.

Stop assuming things, and if you want information, ask questions;
you've been wrong on every _single_ point so far, and it just seems as
though you've simply picked out this little issue to troll on --
again.

FYI, my asking Kasper was not a request for 'permission', but rather a
courtesy; it was a factor in my decision not to pitch Typo3 to the
organization, but not the only factor; it occurred at the beginning of
the process, before I'd even begun to write the proposal (the project
- like many others - had no particular requirements that could _only_
be met by Typo3, and besides, your assumption makes no sense: how
could you wait until the END of the proposal process to choose
software?!); the organization that issued the rfp would _itself_
almost indubitably have preferred _not_ to use software authored in
part by a developer who didn't share their aims...I could go on.

But lacking all of this information, why were you willing to make such
grand generalizations (or am I now just feeding the troll)?

-Christopher