[Typo3] composite HTML/plain direct mail

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Fri Oct 14 08:21:51 CEST 2005

Chris Paige wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got directmail/dmailer installed.  It works perfectly when I send
> testmails.  Testmails result in composite HTML/plain text emails.
>
> When I send a mass-email by way of a direct mail group (static group or
> from pages), it only sends plain emails.
>
> Is this a bug/feature?  Or a problem with my setup?
>
> My TSconfig includes (among other things):
> mod.web_modules.dmail.sendOptions=3
> mod.web_modules.dmail {
>  enablePlain = 1
>  enableHTML = 1
> }
>
> Like I said, it works fine with testmail.
>
> Chris
>
> P.S. I haven't worked with the subscription module yet. Is this related
> to that extension?

Hi Cris
I had this same problem, and I think it had something to do with the
receiver's preferences concerning html-mails. I tried plain groups,
static lists and pages with FE-users listed. All these - I think this
was the reason - didn't actually have anywhere an option to "receive
html-mails". But when I made couple of direct mail subscriptions with
the html-mail-receiving on, then this new group got my mass-sending in
html-mode too. So I manually copied all the FE-users in this group (I'm
sure there must be a better way!) with the html-mail option on and after
that everybody got their mail in html-format also. I don't know if you
can force this html-option on; in the configuration of the module
nothing seemed to helped.
- Katja -