[Typo3] Timezones and Dates in the Extended Calendar

Justin Patrin papercrane at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 05:57:01 CEST 2005

I'm using the Extended Calendar plugin and have entered some events in
the Backend. They display just fine there with the correct dates and
times. However, int he Frontend they have 7 hours added to the times.
I've tried changing the serverTimeZone setting in localconf.php to
various values and have tried installing the timezone extension and
setting that various ways. Neither of those changed anything.

This is on FreeBSD running Apache. The TZ environment var isn't set.
date() and time() in one of my own scripts displays in GMT. I've
noticed that the start_date and end_date in the DB have 7 hours added
to the days. So if 2005-10-02 is entered as the start_date the DB has
the timestamp for 2005-10-02 07:00:00. Everything still displays fine
in the backend, though. I really have no idea how or why TYPO3 is
doing this.

--
Justin Patrin