[Typo3] TYPO3 + Flash MX2004

Johnny Peck johnny at slipcasemedia.com
Thu Oct 13 01:59:36 CEST 2005

dieter orens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anybody knows good toturials how
> to make a complete typo3-site with Macromedia Flash?
> Some kind of step by step guide?
>
> thanx
>
> dieter

Hello there,
	There are numerous ways to approach a Typo3 managed site with a flash
frontend but you would be hard pressed to find any step by step guide.
One day I will have time to write that guide but in the meantime read up
on Flash Remoting on Macromedia's website. To use remothing with php you
should google for PHPObject or the AMFPHP project, make sure to read
about the main differences between the two as well. Flash remoting with
one of the above mentioned php projects is one possible solution.
	There are extensions in the TER at typo3.org which produce xml output
which can be consumed by flash and bound to components for display and
interactivity in flash. I dont believe any of these projects can provide
a complete solution without a lot more work on the extensions though.
You may want to talk to Ingmar S., I think he has done a lot of work on
xml output for Typo3 and may have some news or wisdom about that situation.
	Flash can also use SOAP and xml-rpc and I am aware of some projects in
the TER regarding this as well. OpenLaszlo.org is an open project for
rich applications on the web and I do believe Enomoly has done some work
with this, check the TER for extensions for openLaszlo.
	Anyhow, good luck and I hope this helped a bit. Take care.

Johnny