[Typo3] Timezones and Dates in the Extended Calendar

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:26:27 CEST 2005

 Hi,

On 12/10/05, Justin Patrin <papercrane at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the Extended Calendar plugin and have entered some events in
> the Backend. They display just fine there with the correct dates and
> times. However, int he Frontend they have 7 hours added to the times.
> I've tried changing the serverTimeZone setting in localconf.php to
> various values and have tried installing the timezone extension and
> setting that various ways. Neither of those changed anything.
>
> This is on FreeBSD running Apache. The TZ environment var isn't set.
> date() and time() in one of my own scripts displays in GMT. I've
> noticed that the start_date and end_date in the DB have 7 hours added
> to the days. So if 2005-10-02 is entered as the start_date the DB has
> the timestamp for 2005-10-02 07:00:00. Everything still displays fine
> in the backend, though. I really have no idea how or why TYPO3 is
> doing this.

I don't think Typo3 _is_ doing it, although I was unable to solve the
problem with putenv() either. But since extended calendar uses TS for
_everything_, you can solve this problem with a bit of TS wizardry.
Here's my post to the list from last August detailing how I solved
this problem. Note that I only needed to do this for the starting
times of events; I have no idea if this solution will work with all
date operations in the extension:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-August/010263.html

-Christopher