[Typo3] accessible font size?

Chris Paige chris at ready-set-go.biz
Sun Oct 9 16:19:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

In the interest of accesibility, I'm strategizing about ways to use Typo3 to
offer website users control over font size.  I've seen general articles on
the web that accomplish this through javastuff and cookies.  But those
approaches won't work if javastuff and/or cookies are turned off.  I saw one
suggestion of using the PHP session to make a font setting persistent
through a particular site visit.

It seems to me that the dynamic nature of Typo3 would enable the user's font
size selection to be passed from Typo3 page to Typo3 page by way of
conditional templating, standard wraps on page links, and the &type=
parameter. None of this would demand client size cookies or javastuff -- and
the font selection could be persistent through out a user's visit (though
not persistent between visits).

Has anyone done this before?

I've been working with Typo3 for about a year and know much of its
capability, but am still figuring out how to use it all.  Glad for any
pointers or assistance with making this happen.  I think I can ultimately do
it on my own, but with involvement from someone more Typo3 experienced, it
might be an effort that could be shared more broadly.

Chris