[Typo3] how to make KB MD5 FE Passwords extension work? Docs unclear.

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Oct 6 12:56:33 CEST 2005

Jay Austad wrote:
> How do I do this.  The docs say this:
>
> "For the frontend user registration to work properly you will need to
> make some modifications to your HTML template. There is a example  HTML
> template in the "res" directory of this extension. There are  only minor
> changes. The only thing which need to be done is that the  "enc_form"
> JavaScript has to get added and a onSubmit function to the  form."

If you would like to let FE-Users register on your website (compared to the varian
where you create all users which should be able to use the site - more like an intranet)
you will have to use an extension like the "feuser_admin" or "sr_feuser_register".

Currently only the first one is supported by my md5 extension.

Read the documentation on the Fronend-User admin on how to set up the registration form
(insert the Fe-User plugin onto a page and configure it via TS)
When you do this you will notice that the FE-User admin uses an HTML template for the forms
it has. This template is not related to the Main-site HTML Template which declares the layout/design
of your page. It is just a template containing for exmplae the Form which get's used to let a new
user register.

This template must get replaced by the fe_admin_fe_users.tmpl. Normally the orignial template resides
in "typo3/ext/feuser_admin/pi/fe_admin_fe_users.tmpl". But as I already wrote you can define a different
path using TypoScript.

greets,
Bernhard
--