[Typo3] multilanguage site and integration with external systems

Martin Kindler kindlerm at arcor.de
Thu Oct 6 12:55:32 CEST 2005

Hi

I am developing a web application which consists of two parts:
a T3 based general information website and a Java/Struts-based special
application.

I have integrated them using an "External URL" page in T3 and this works
fine.

Now I am trying to make the site multilingual. Both, the T3 site and the
Java-based app are themselves
multilingual where the language can be specified by a request parameter.

So I have to pass this parameter based on the current chosen language thru
the "External URL" from T3 to my Java app.
But I do not see how to parameterize the URL field in the "External URL"
page.

Is it possible? Perhaps by using page level TS?

Additionally I have some links from content elements in T3 to the Java app
specified by the "header link" field in the content element. This must also
be parameterized with the current language. I think this should be possible
using TS in the template (as I have access to the field in the template).
Correct?

Martin