[Typo3] why frontend users are added to the wrong site?

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:38:47 CEST 2005

Bing Du wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have two sites as shown below in the page tree.  Each site has its
> own domain name.  Pubcookie is used for single sign on (SSO).  The login
> link on SiteA goes to the pubcookie weblogin page fine.  But after user
> logged in, the user was added into the FE-Users SysFolder of SiteB.  How
> come????  I do make sure the LDAP server configuration for each site
> uses correct pid for FE users sysfolder.  I've cleared all the caches.
> But still.  If anybody could shed some light, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> SiteA (production)
>   --Overview
>   --People
>   --FE Users and LDAP (SysFolder, id=706)
>
> SiteB (test)
>   --About
>   --Product
>   --FE-Users  (SysFolder, id=493)
>
> Both 'FE Users and LDAP' of SiteA and 'FE-Users' of SiteB use almost the
> same LDAP server configuration.  For SiteA, LDAP server configuration is
> like this (SiteB uses pid=493 in FEusers part):
>
> ================================
> FEusers = LDAP_SYNC
> FEusers {
>   enable = 1
>   handleNotFound = 0
>   table = fe_users
>   pid = 706
>   uniqueField = tx_ldapserver_dn
>   fields {
>     usergroup = MAP_OBJECT
>     usergroup {
>     attribute = userClass
>     userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getFEGroups
>     userFunc {
>         pid = 706
>         table = fe_groups
>         identField = title
>     }
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> BEusers = LDAP_SYNC
> BEusers {
>   enable = 1
>   table = be_users
>   pid = root
>   handleNotFound = 0
>   filter = (&(objectClass=person))
>   uniqueField = tx_ldapserver_dn
>   fields {
>   }
> }
>
> FEgroups < FEusers
> FEgroups {
>     table = fe_groups
>         handleNotFound = 0
>     filter = objectClass=userClass
>     fields {
>     }
> }
>

> BEgroups < FEusers
> BEgroups {
>         pid = root
>     table = be_groups
>     handleNotFound = 0
>     filter = objectClass=userClass
>     fields {
>     }
> }
>

> FEauth = LDAP_AUTH
> FEauth {
> [...]

Still not clear what caused the problem.  I checked the tx_ldapserver
table in MySQL, users were added fine with the correct pid (706) in the
tx_ldapserver table.  They just did not show up in the 'Website user'
list of SiteA on the BE.  Finally, I deleted the FE-Users folder from
SiteB (test site).  Users now show up in the 'FE Users and LDAP' folder
fine for SiteA.

The problem left now is the Login link does not change to Logout after
user logged in.  So somehow the [loginUser = *] condition in the
following setup does not take effect.  Any idea what could be the cause?

temp.loginlogout = COA
temp.loginlogout.10 = TEXT
[loginUser = *]
   temp.loginlogout.10.value = <a
href="LOGOUT-REDIRECT">Logout</a>&nbsp;&#124;&nbsp
[else]
   temp.loginlogout.10 < temp.pageurl
   temp.loginlogout.10.wrap = <a href="|/LOGIN">Login</a>&nbsp;&#124;&nbsp;
[end]

Bing